23 September 2008

Big Bang Theory S2 E1 - The Bad Fish Paradigm

Somehow, the idea of Penny and Leonard becoming more than friends didn't seem right. Because by doing that, it would make Big Bang Theory as common as every other story about a Chick falling in love with the Geek.

But I found myself rooting for them.

I may be off the tracks here, but this really felt like a Ross and Rachel thing.

And rather than keeping focus on the geek's insecurities (as these kinds of stories usually do), the episode was cleverly built on the beautiful girl second-guessing herself!

Penny: Has Leonard ever dated a girl that wasn't a brainiac?
Sheldon: Let's see. There was a girl a few years ago who was a PhD in French Literature.
Penny: How is that not a brainiac?
Sheldon: Well, for one thing, she was French. For another, it was literature.
Penny: Sheldon, do you think if Leonard and I keep on dating, will he get bored with me?
Sheldon: That depends.
Penny: On what?
Sheldon: Do you have a working knowledge of quantum physics?
Penny: No.
Sheldon: Do you speak Klingon?
Penny: No.
Sheldon: Do you know any card tricks?
Penny: Okay.... I get it. Leonard has no business with being involved with a waitress slash actress who felt so insecure that she lied to him about finishing community college.
This show is growing on me!