Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

09 September 2008

Australian Idol's Top 12 2008

After two weeks, Australia has decided who their Top 12 are gonna be. I've got a few potential favorites on the list, but none stood out just yet. This batch is talented but, sadly utterly boring. I hope they pick it up a notch on the 14th.

FIRST EIGHT PICKS


Tom Williams - It's a wonder to me how he got in. His voice is average. Must be his bedimpled baby face. *Like Meter: 1 out of 5*


Wes Carr - Cool, cool guy. He sang Come Together (Beatles) during the Sydney Rounds and he was grrrreat. But it looks like that was his peak. I hope I'm wrong. *Like Meter: 5 out of 5*


Thanh Bui - The former Boy Band member. Good voice, yes but he has this tendency to oversing. He reminds me too much of local singer, Randy Santiago. *Like Meter: 3 out of 5*


Teale Jakubenko - I remember the dramatic events of his audition but I can't remember the performance that got him in. *Like Meter: 2 out of 5*


Mark Spano - Not quite sure how he got here, too. He sang okay but it was boring. *Like Meter: 2 out of 5*


Chrislyn Hamilton - Only 17 years old, she performs like Aretha Franklin. Big voice, big energy, big personality, big girl. *Like Meter: 5 out of 5*


Madam Parker - Alicia Keys wanna-be. She has 'ttude which I like. *Like Meter: 3 out of 5*


Brooke Addammo - she sings from the heart. She renders heartfelt songs. Her voice is crisp and clean.The only problem is, it seems ballads and slow songs are all she can do. *Like Meter: 5 out of 5*

WILDCARD PICKS


Roshani Priddis - Pretty impressive voice but picking the wrong song the first time nearly cost her. *Like Meter: 4 out of 5*


Sophie Patterson - I see her as Brooke Smith 2.0 *Like Meter: 4 out of 5*

Jonny Taylor - Sounds like Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam), looks like Jesus Christ. *Like Meter: 4 out of 5*


Luke Dickens - Can't remember what he did! *Like Meter: 1 out of 5*

You can YouTube their names and see their performances to judge for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment