Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

26 October 2008

Aren't you watching The Starter Wife yet?

Switching from a mini-series to a full-fledged series seemed to do The Starter Wife a lot of good. It's slowly becoming one of the programs I look forward to watching every week. The casting changes (because they let go of the some of the original cast from the mini-series) isn't a bother at all. The writing remains sharp. And Molly (Debra Messing) is becoming more and more loose and zany and yet she still manages to stay classy. She's been a big shot Hollywood wife for years after all. It's so fun watching her.

This week Molly is working on a pitch. She's been approached by someone from the industry to write a movie... that eventually became a TV series...about an ex-Hollywood wife...who was a Private Investigator...but was re-characterized as a Bounty Hounter. Hah. Hey, it wasn't her original idea. She had something better but the "suits" wanted her to go differently.

Anyway, for this project, she had to interview a real private investigator at her house with her friend, Joan ---
PI: When people lie they look to the right. Never fails...
Molly: I had no idea (writes notes)...
Joan: Why did you become a PI anyway?
Molly: Joan, I told you you could come over if you let me do my work and that includes letting me ask the question.
Joan: Don't you wanna know why he became a PI?
Molly: Ye-esss --- (to the PI) Why did you become a PI?
PI: When I was a teenager, I came out of the theater and my parents were gunned down in front of me in cold blood and I vowed right then and there that I would hunt down the killer while helping others get justice at the same time...
Molly: That's horrible!
Joan: That's BATMAN!
PI: ... okay. Okay...I was a rouge cop...
Molly: (inaudible) You're eyes just shifted right!!!
PI: You're good!

No comments:

Post a Comment