Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

08 November 2007

Just checking: The Pacific

What is up with The Pacific, a TV mini-series I'm anticipating in 2009? Checked IMDb and found that they are already filming it in Wonga Beach in Australia, and the cast line-up is almost full. Look it ----> The Pacific.

The Pacific is a team collaboration between Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, following their successful partnership in HBO's Band Of Brothers (which I really, really want to watch for the nth time one of these days!) in 2001. The mini-series is set in Asia World War 2, with a possible Philippine mention (and Filipino cast/characters) of course! So it's something I'm very excited about. The IMDb link mentions a character named "Manila", in fact. Will we see them re-enact McArthur's famous, "I shall return?"

Oooh, am getting goosebumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment