BEST TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
GREY’S ANATOMY (ABC)
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
KYRA SEDGWICK, THE CLOSER
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
HUGH LAURIE, HOUSE
BEST TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
UGLY BETTY (ABC)
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES –COMEDY OR MUSICAL
AMERICA FERRERA, UGLY BETTY
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
ALEC BALDWIN, 30 ROCK
I'm not exactly sure if I'm very pleased or very displeased with the results.
Maybe because I'm in that place again... where I'm feeling quite hollow, where I can't get too excited nor too depressed about anything today.
Or maybe because at the back of my mind, I realize how this voting process for the Golden Globes work; that to win the award doesn't really mean "You're the best!" it just means that among the nominees, "You're the one the press liked very much...and it might be not because of your work." Coz let's face it, these press people (only 90 of them) have not been tuning to these shows as much as TV freaks have, to actually qualify who is the best. Anyhow, to be clear though, and speaking as a sort-of-TV freak, some of the winners do deserve it.
Some thoughts...I should have a screen capture to go with it but I have to queue this for D/L and well, I didn't want to anymore hehe:
1. When America Ferrera (Ugly Betty) won, she had an Ugly Betty moment. Haha! What was that all about? She stood there beside this anchorperson who was doing her spiel and I don't think America was supposed to even be there, was she? And then when they did that interview, you'll notice how unprepared the interviewer was because she was asking the wrong questions. You know then that this wasn't in the script. America wasn't supposed to be there! LOL!
2. Jason Lee (My Name Is Earl) - Was he channeling Earl Hickey that night? The tuxedo's fine but the hair's an Earl Hickey mess. Or is that how he goes around in real life... not combing his hair? It was a formal event, I was expecting everyone's supposed to be looking neat and spiffy.
3. Alec Baldwin - Did the cameraman catch him mocking Schwarzenegger when he came out? Baldwin's a Republican, S is a Democrat and I don't need to spell it out that they don't agree with politics.
4. Reese Witherspoon has that "It's your loss not mine" look. Oh, I love that look and I love it on her.
5. Team Jolie I'm not... but my gad, Brangelina look so good together!! In my TV screen --- they were radiant and glowing, like God was casting a light on them and angels were singing "Aaaaaahhhhh!" when the camera caught them.
6. I wonder if we'll ever hear Simon Cowell mention Jennifer Hudson on American Idol (it's on tomorrow!)?
That's all. :)