Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

19 January 2007

Night At The Museum


Kids, stick to Jumanji.


Too disappointed to write about it so I'll just post what I said in a community I frequent. This is fresh from watching the movie:


Mababaw rin ako [I tend to be shallow], so I laughed at a couple of lines. But I was expecting to really like it, with Jumanji as the bar for which I can compare it to. I liked Jumanji way better.

There's something about the movie that dissatisfies me and I cannot process it yet.... Is it because parang kulang [lacking] sa development ang story, that it felt like a stupid movie already? Is it because gasgas na yung gags [gags are old] at maraming [too many] cliche sa story? Is it because parang pilit yung "heartwarming moments"? I dunno where to begin.

I was watching this with my 9-year old and he could not sit still for the first few minutes of the scene, parang hindi niya nagustuhan sa simula [he was not interested with the beginning]. I thought he'd warm up by the time the wax characters come to life. Tatawa tawa rin naman siya [he was also laughing] like me. Pero my son started counting how many more minutes till the movie ends. :o He wanted the movie to end already. :-\

I know it's a fantasy-comedy, meant for the family to enjoy. Pero I personally will not give the movie a thumbs up. I'm not expecting it to be high-brow. I love a lot of silly movies myself (In fact I loved the Tiki in this movie, naaliw ako [I was entertained] when it said, "Dumdum, me want gum gum"...that's how stupid I can get ;D). Pero kung Pinoy movie ito, malamang ito yung isa sa mga pagtatawanan natin [But if this was a typical Pinoy movie, this would be one of those we'd be laughing at] not because the movie is funny, but because the story development is ridiculous, when in fact if you look at it ang ganda ganda [very beautiful] ng premise ng Night at the Museum, may potential siya to be a worthy fantasy film....it just wasn't told better, so parang nasayang siya for me [it was wasted]. :-\

No comments:

Post a Comment