Me: Are you serious?
Hubby: Yes! It's a golden opportunity...I want to tour the city some more.
Me: But you'll be all alone. In your hotel room. Do you not remember 1408?
Hubby: Ito naman kesa sa palakasin loob ko tatakutin pa ako! [Instead of making me comfortable, you had to scare me!]
Yesterday, he went about the city all by himself. From time to time I'd get text messages from him:
- Mommy, I'm going to try and do a Lonely Planet series.
- I got so many beautiful pictures!
- Ang babait ng mga tao dito! [The people here are so nice]
- Ang mura ng pagkain dito! [Food is cheap] 60 pesos for everything including dessert and drinks!
- Sobrang busog ako. [I'm so full.]
- Ang itim ko na!!! [My skin has turned darker!]
- Pahingi ng load! (Hehehe...)
Interestingly enough, while he's been gone this long, I would have hoped to be spending more of my time watching TV shows. But I have barely done that. I have also barely slept because I have been doing so many other things with my "temporary" independence....things I cannot squeeze into normally. I now realize that part of why I spend too much time watching TV is because of my husband. I conclude he drove me to the addiction. :D
Me: Please don't change your flight schedule anymore. You have to go home.
Hubby: Why? Have you been missing me?
Me: Because I have been not been able to watch what I should be watching on TV.
Hubby: How is that my fault?
Me: Coz if you're here and you incessantly pester me --- which is, like, all the time --- I can tune you out by retreating to TV-watching.
Actually, that? It's just my way of saying I miss his presence. :)
Thanks to the beautiful people of Iloilo for taking care of him while he's there.