It is not going to be like this for long, I hope. There's a reason why I needed to check out all those premieres. It's to figure out which ones I'd keep on my watch list.
Unfortunately, a lot of these shows have really been so entertaining. It's going to be a few more weeks before I decide which ones to drop.
Here's a report card, sort of. The ones in highlight are links to actual review/reaction of what I thought of the shows. Please click to read.
- Boardwalk Empire
- Lone Star
- The Event
- Better With You
- The Whole Truth
- Blue Bloods
- The Chase
And here's the rest:
- Mike & Molly - this comedy starring fat people is cute but it's not something I would keep tabs week after week.
- Hawaii Five-O - AWESOME series premiere. Stars Alex O' Loughlin from Moonlight. Finally, he's got a keeper on his file.
- Raising Hope - Promising series. I think this is going to be the break-out show of the season. It's about middle class Americans and a single dad trying to raise his baby.
- Running Wilde - Disappointing, considering it stars some good actors - Will Arnett, David Cross and Keri Russell. Might have to watch another episode to really know if I'm going to watch this for long term. Will's a rich, rich dude. Keri's his old love. Bored already?
- Undercovers - A J.J. Abrams production. Quite uneven. Although yeah, it had some excitement and the actors are likeable. Worthy of another round of watching. There are hints Tom Cruise could be guest starring....which I think is just a rumor.
- My Generation - I could not understand this show. It was trying to be different and I was prepared to warm up to it but....I could not understand what it wants to become.
- Outsource - It has potential. Although I would imagine the call-center jokes and the racist jokes about India would dry out pretty quickly.
- Shit My Dad Says - also disappointing considering the Twitter account from which it's based from is hilarious. I'd watch it again though, to see if it improves.
- The Defenders - NO. Just no. I'm not watching this again. It stars James Belushi, Jerry O'Connell and one actress I really admire, Natalie Zea. Sadly, the characters are unlikable and this lawyer series has nothing new to give viewers.
- Detroit 187 - could not hold my interest. Some parts are intense but it just doesn't do it for me. Will give it a few more shots and then who knows?