Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

23 September 2010

Better With You is Actually A Lot Better Than You Thought!

Better With You Cast
I had no expectations whatsoever for this new comedy series, Better With You. I was fully prepared to treat is as something I could watch now and then, if I happen to remember. But, as it turns out? It was a good way to spend an easy 22 minutes. I had fun watching, thank you very much!

The series, which is created by Shana Goldberg-Meehan who previously worked on Friends, is about couples and relationships.

Here we have three of those at different stages of coupling:
  • Maddie and Ben, high school sweethearts, have been together for nine years. They haven't gotten married but believes their union is a "valid life-choice".
  • Mia and Casey only met less than two months ago and they surprise Maddie and Ben by announcing they are getting married/pregnant.
  • Maddie and Mia are sisters. Maddie's a lot successful and Mia looks up to her. Ben's a nice, successful chap himself, much like Friend's Ross or Chandler; while Casey would have to be, uhm...early season Joey.
  • The girls' parents have been married over 30 years and they're both real characters. They make fun of the fact that Maddie's made her "valid life-choice"; and they aren't bothered by the other fact that their youngest daughter, is rushing into marriage, when they are going to be grandparents.
I think I've given away too much of the story. But you ought to still watch it. Because there's a few worthy laughs and a couple of teary moments between sisters, too.  Also,  I didn't find any of the characters annoying (except there's a laugh track! Darn laugh track!)

I don't have any high hopes for this one, though. There's nothing ground breaking about this show. But then again, there's nothing groundbreaking about Two and A Half Men either....and look where it got them. I don't know who is watching that show (I don't. I don't anybody else who does, either!) but it's still on, and it's even a top-rater.  So maybe Better With You will be this season's surprise. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment