26 September 2010

First Thoughts: The Chase

Kellie Giddish on The Chase
The Chase is one of the new series under Jerry Bruckheimer's production that are now dominating cop and lawyer shows on television. The premise of this program is a lot similar to movies like The Fugitive or US Marshalls, except that the Tommy Lee Jones' character is played by this one badass of a woman --- Kellie Giddish.

I wasn't impressed by the way the story is done. I'm not impressed by its premise. Basically, it's just 45 minutes of cops running after criminals and the thing you have to find out in the end is whether or not the criminal is caught or gets away with it.

I wasn't impressed by its actors either (which has Amaury Nolasco from Prison Break, by the way).  I have no interest in knowing who the rest are, because I think this is something I won't be watching again.

I was mighty impressed, however, by how fearless Giddish is. If only we can have a show where she jumps off bridges and runs after the bad guys....and that would be it. I think I'd find that a lot more entertaining.

I guess, what I'm trying to say, in a nutshell, is this --- "Woman, you so fierce. But damn, your show is bad!"