Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

04 September 2007

Update: Solar Entertainment pulls out of Sky Cable

So, yes apparently it's happening. The buzz is getting stronger and stronger. Solar-Entertainment is moving out of Sky Cable.

Sky Cable, on the other hand, is currently running the "BALLS" channel on Test Broadcast, with the USA Tennis Open, amidst really, really bad reception. And seriously, "BALLS"? Can't they think of any other name? It sounds so R-rated!

Sky Cable is also allegedly replacing all the channels that will be out of their line-up with five new ones. They could actually now bring in Fox Crime. And then I can watch Dexter for sure since the ones I have on my hard drive? I'm still finding the inspiration to continue watching. Maybe when I feel like killing somebody? Or if a friend lends their newly-purchased DVDs? *hint, hint*

Anyway, 5 new channels, huh? That doesn't sound too bleak for someone who's social life and social growth is dependent on TV. (And yes, I'm referring to myself. Heh.) Unless of course they bring in 5 new sports channels, what am I gonna do with that?

I have yet to hear if they're getting a channel with Conan on. So long as they have that, then the world is all better again.

But what am I talking about, I'm on Sun-Sky Cable! Our channels are slightly different! *please, please don't take away ETC!*

Source


, ,

5 comments:

  1. hi mindy! bloghopping and i saw ur post :) i have a friend from skycable and asked about this, its true that they will no longer have solar channels. it's a business decision on their part really. but they'll add 6 new channels which im really excited about. "the view" which will be broadcast real time (i hope theyd rerun the more controversial episodes though hehe), and fox crime and axn beyond. that dresden files is popular daw in the states. and yes! dexter will be on too. some of the other shows that i'll watch out for are americas next top model, the soup (hollywood chismis), e! true hollywood story, e! news weekend and good morning america. hay. as if my eyebags aren't heavy already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe you can't muster enough energy to watch dexter?!
    anyway, based on marge's post, i'm giving the new channels a chance before i decide if i should switch cable providers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Mars - Oo nga. I'm stuck on Episode 5 Season 1 and have yet to finish it. Naspoil yata talaga ako! It was a bad move reading up on the recaps before I actually saw the final episode. :( I've recommended it to friends though, and they're the ones who have the DVD I'm hoping to borrow. Hehehe.

    @ Marge - thanks for the info! I was given clippings of Skycable's ads in the newspaper...so the news is real na talaga. Do you have any idea if they will have Conan?? That's all I want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's the other way around. it's sky cable that pulled out solar channels. so f*ck up the lopezes... grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Sarah

    http://www.lyricsdigs.com

    ReplyDelete