Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

17 January 2008

Renaldo Lapuz: A Pinoy on American Idol 2008

Joke or not, last night, American Idol discovered a star. Renaldo Lapuz, a Filipino in America, auditioned for the show and made an impact.



At the time I linked his video from Youtube, it has already earned 56 comments, 99% of it positive. And I don't know if people are making a mockery out of it. But look, hours after his audition was aired, kids are already singing his original song:



And who does Renaldo remind me of?

Maverick Relova
of that wacky comedy duo on the local channel ABC-5.


Maverick, Renaldo stole your style, man. That could've been you!

Update: Someone has made ringtones of Renaldo's original song for your mobiles and you can download on his website:

Mono MP3 format | Stereo MP3 format | WMA format

3 comments:

  1. i knew it! his song would now be made as a ring tone. thanks for the d/l links!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cam across your wonderful EARLY comments regarding Renaldo Lapuz. (you we're so right on) -- He just sang at my wedding in Puerto Rico! How cool is that?! :) -- I'm his agent and I would be happy to set up a phone interview if you like? Or we will take you to dinner when we come through your town!

    Keep in touch!

    ~Dave

    ReplyDelete