Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

29 January 2008

Pilot Watch: Wizard's First Rule

Wizard\'s First Rule (Sword of Truth, Book 1) Sam Raimi, Director of the Spiderman Trilogy, is teaming up with ABC Television, to bring an ambitious series for the fantasy genre.

Wizard's First Rule
, targeted for a fall release, is an adaptation of the book The Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind. The story is about a simple woodsman and a Wizard, and their quest to rid the world of a tyrant.

Raimi and ABC TV partnered to bring back the genre to which Hercules and Xena became well-known. It will be a 22 episode-epic and production will begin in May.

Source: Hollywood Reporter

1 comment:

  1. I hope the writers and producers of the show stay true to the story b/c it's really, really good.

    (One execption is that Goodkind relies too much on non-communication as a major plot device, but it takes a few novels before it becomes tiresome.)

    I read somewhere that someone suggested Christopher Lloyd be cast as Zed. That'd be perfect.

    My TiVo is set! I'm really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete