Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

03 February 2007

Ally & Friends

Because I've been trying to place where I've seen Hayden Panettiere, who plays the 16-year old cheerleader with indestructible powers on Heroes, I did a search on IMDb and found out she was that kid on Ally McBeal, playing Ally's daughter.

Then I realized, four actors from A McB are in the TV shows that I am currently watching. After 5 years since Ally's cancellation, they're back on my TV. Although they're not in one show altogether, but they're back. :)


Calista Flockhart
(Ally McBeal)

Calista now appears as Kitty, one of the siblings in ABC's Brothers & Sisters. You can check my entries on Brothers & Sisters here, here and here.

Current TV Show rating: one of the best this season, from the writing, to the acting, to the execution. Calista could have another shot at a flourishing TV career. But the downside is, the show is not a ratings puller yet. There is no news for a Season 2 pick-up.

Jane Krakowski
(Elaine Vassal on A McB)

Jane is currently a cast member of 30Rock. She plays Jenna Maroney, the lead female star of the TV Show within a TV show. Entry for 30Rock is here.

Current TV Show rating: The show seems to be improving. And it's been hailed as similar to Arrested Development (I still don't see the similarities). Co-star Alec Baldwin won the Golden Globe for this show. It is probably gonna get renewed for Season 2. Good for Jane.

Peter MacNicol
(John Cage on A McB aka The Biscuit)

He's Thomas Lennox on 24...and he's rather wily here. Not at all likeable as his Ally character. Of the four, his is a character who is a complete opposite of what he played in A McB. Peter MacNicol, after all is such a versatile actor.

Current TV Show rating: It's 24! Even if the plot has a lot of loopholes, you cannot fault this show for improving TV shows as it is now. Because of 24, other productions are challenged to come up with a similar clever concept. Even if it goes on for 10 seasons or more, MacNicol's character may eventually die or is written off as this is what 24 thrives on --- the element of surprise.

Greg Germann
(Richard Fish on A McB)

Greg is still with a group of crazy people, much like his Ally castmates. This time, he is Sherman Yablonsky, a celebrity guru of some sort in In Case of Emergency.

Current TV show rating: The show is a crapfest to be honest. Yet I keep watching it, LOL! And I don't know why. It could be canceled mid-season. Bad move for Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment