Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

16 February 2008

Lipstick Jungle, revisited

After some hesitation, I caught up with the second episode of Lipstick Jungle early today. If you've been reading this blog long, you probably know how much I loathe the pilot episode. Between my first viewing of the show last year and today, something must have happened. Because Lipstick Jungle, while not exactly a show I would put in the "great" category, has improved on the second episode. Those tweaking and changes they did to the show paid off, I guess. It's either that or three other things 1) my taste have turned a notch lower; 2) the strike has forced me to tolerate and take in anything I can watch; 3) Cashmere Mafia, its twin of a series, is so much more loathesome.

Anyhow, whatever it is, at least I've got something new to watch for awhile. The show will only stay on till March 20. And after that, I can quickly forget about it, as new episodes of the shows I really love and matter return.

Reviews of Lipstick Jungle (created by Candace Bushnell):

EW's Ken Tucker

LA Times
NY Mag
Boston Globe
NY Post


No comments:

Post a Comment