27 June 2008

Emmy Race: The Official Top 10 List

I have been waiting for the release of this list since yesterday. When it came in my inbox a couple of minutes ago, my heart thumped irregularly --- something I think I'd only feel if I just won a million dollars or I received an astounding marriage proposal from Hugh Laurie. It officially seals it: I need to get a life outside of TV!

Anyway, here is why this Top 10 list is significant:
This weekend judging panels will convene at the academy's headquarters in North Hollywood plus the Beverly Hilton Hotel to screen sample episodes submitted by contenders as examples of their best work from the past TV season. Judges will rank the entries 1 (best) to 10, then accountants will combine their scores on an equal 50/50 basis with results of the orginal popular vote to determine the five nominees, which will be announced on July 17. | Via GoldDerby

Whatever TV show comes up on the Top 5 will be the official nominees for Emmy's 2008 (to be awarded in mid-Sept).

TOP 10 COMEDY SERIES FINALISTS
"Curb Your Enthusiasm"
"Entourage"
"Family Guy"
"Flight of the Conchords"
"The Office"
"Pushing Daisies"
"30 Rock"
"Two and a Half Men"
"Ugly Betty"
"Weeds".

TOP 10 DRAMA SERIES FINALISTS
"Boston Legal"
"Damages"
"Dexter"
"Friday Night Lights"
"Grey’s Anatomy"
"House"
"Lost"
"Mad Men"
"The Tudors"
"The Wire"

Noticeable: No Heroes. Family Guy, animated series.

Tidbit: Lost submitted the episode "The Constant" bringing its chances of winning Best Drama WAY UP --- I'm literally getting goosebumps!.