Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

24 May 2012

My First TV Crush

Following this post from the Vulture...

I started getting hooked on TV as kid. But since my favorite shows were mostly animated, even while I occasionally watched primetime drama with my grandmother and the rest of the family, I didn't have a real TV crush.

Until this boy came to TV...


I was 16 years old when Dylan McKay swept every 16-year old's heart. It's stereotypical, really. What girl can't resist a troubled boy who, deep down, is actually so vulnerable? :P My love affair for characters like that all started with him.

And for a while, I carried myself looking like dorky Brenda. Because that's who Dylan loved:


Went as far as trying to talk, dress and walk like her. IT WAS SILLY! (Hey, I was 16 and stupid!)

This scene remains so fresh in my memory:




I think this was the scene that made me pine for Dylan.



Months later, with no internet or Google to do our researches then, I learned the actor playing him (Luke Perry), wasn't really a teenager but a guy in his mid-20's, which was old to me. My illusion was crushed.

And then I slowly started losing interest for Beverly Hills 90210, when all of their true ages were revealed. I completely stopped watching the show when Brenda said her goodbyes. And by that time, I was also saying goodbye to my youth. I was preparing to land my first job.

Several years later, I see Luke Perry on TV looking like Uncle Sean from The Big C:


And I'm like..."What happened to my Dylan??!!!"

So, what about you? Who was your first TV crush?

2 comments:

  1. He was my first crush too! Probably why I have this thing for scruffy-looking-but-gorgeous-when-suited-up bad boys. And yeah, I thought that actors and actresses were the same age as the characters they portray. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnny Depp in 21 Jump Street. Still a crush until now. :)

    ReplyDelete