04 December 2007

Brothers and Sisters S2 E9 - Holy Matrimony



"Kitty, I asked you to marry me. To say I love you seems inadequate because I cannot imagine my life without you. Because when I'm cynical, you give me hope. In times when I felt I was losing my way, you've been my guide post. I love you more with each passing day. And so I give you my hand, my heart and my love."

"Robert, I don't even know where to start because you are so many things to me. You're this brilliant, poised diplomat and then you're really this crazy romantic who takes my breath away. And when you're tired, when you're stressed you get really...grumpy. But then I can feel your head on my shoulders at night and I know you're asleep, you're so peaceful, so vulnerable. I love all those parts so much that I want to have you as my partner for the rest of my life. Sick, healthy, rich, poor...as long as I'm with you, I will be complete."

The ceremony was beautiful. But the whole wedding day was marred with:
  • a scandal that would potentially rock a presidential bid
  • a brother getting the cold treatment from the in-laws
  • some secret-service lock ups just for 1) uttering murderous intentions at a senator, or 2) brawling with a brother because one learned he slept with one's date
  • a sister lashing out on a brother's girlfriend
  • someone getting dumped at a wedding
  • and a new twist that could mean a Walker isn't really a Walker. This reeks of unimaginative writing but that awkward sexual chemistry I see between a brother and sister would finally make sense!