Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

19 December 2007

The X Factor UK - Leon

Once again, I made a mistake in predicting the winner for this year's XFactor, a singing contest ala-Idols in the UK. Psychic, I'm definitely not.

Who won? The Darkhorse - Leon.

Everytime Leon performed in the earlier rounds, I would cringe or fast forward the video, because more often than not, he'd have pitch problems. But 3 weeks before the finals, he grew into his craft. He sounded better. The song choice was better. A contest like this does really something to one's confidence, no?

The Winner's Song was When You Believe (from the animated movie Prince of Egypt) and Leon's style --- something that can be mildly compared to Bing Crosby, fit it better. So maybe that's why he won.


LEON, Winner X Factor


Rhydian, the runner up I thought was gonna win it, did a good rendition as well. But it lacked the heart Leon gave to the song:


RHYDIAN, Runner Up


The finale was an absolute treat. The contestants were made to sing a total of four songs and every number was entertaining.

Watch finale videos on the official YouTube Channel for The X Factor.

, ,

No comments:

Post a Comment