Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

27 December 2007

Online Comedy from SilverPolish Productions

I received an invite in my email last week, pointing me to Silver Polish Productions, a group composed of three young men who makes webisodes for airing on YouTube. They currently have five 2-minute episodes there and it's a story about two guys who are bent on making their first major movie.

Going with satire and comedy, the writing and acting aren't exactly Emmy-worthy but for first-timers, I see a lot of potential. As it is an independent production for the web, with none of that TV magic we are so used to, I expected little from it in terms of the technical side. And yet, surprisingly, they were able to produce a little show worth spending a couple of minutes of your time.

Where this may bring, it's still a matter of time before we know it. But I am glad that with the strike forcing the likes of me, a TV junkie to go on a TV Diet, I found another alternative. I'll be looking forward to more webisodes.

Here's the first episode from Silver Polish Productions (there's more on their official site):




No comments:

Post a Comment