Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

17 March 2007

Raines

Conventional
  • Crime procedural drama, what else?
  • The main character is scornful and sarcastic, sounds familiar?
Unconventional
  • The main character solves crimes with the help of his hallucinations, which usually involve the victims. Yes, he can see dead people. And no, he's not a medium nor a psychic, not even a fake psychic. He is just eccentric.
The mood to this show is dreary, perhaps to match the eccentricities of its character. The series is more plot centered, rather than character-centered (ala House), for now at least.

I am not sure I would like to stick around for this one, I have not made my decision. Watching too many crime-dramas as much as I can, I was expecting Raines to be a notch different. But somehow with its first offering, it appeared just like a blur among all those crime shows I keep tabs on. Was not too blown away to care.

Raines
Season 1

Original airing: March 15, 2007 (regular episodes will run on Fridays after the premiere)
Network: NBC

No comments:

Post a Comment