Here are the facts:
1. News about a Sex & The City prequel or a third Sex &The City film, which will be about the girls in their 20's, first appeared in a British online tabloid, saying these girls are going to be the ones playing Samantha, Charlotte, Miranda & Carrie, respectively:
2. Michael Patrick King, who created the series for HBO based on Candace Bushnell's books, and who also wrote the first two movies, denied this is happening. He has announced during Television Critics Association panel yesterday that he is not writing a movie prequel for SATC.
"I'm not working on any 'Sex and the City' prequel at all. My Carrie Bradshaw started at 33 and I took her to 43 ... the idea of going backward, making her less evolved, is something that I can't even imagine doing. I have no connection."3. There is NO prequel MOVIE.
4. But there IS a prequel TV SERIES which HBO is planning to produce and may be aired in a network other than HBO.
5. The first SATC productions for both TV and movies were from HBO & Warner Bros. The rumored prequel will be from HBO & New Line. Different studios, different people, different productions.
6. The TV show will be based on "The Carrie Diaries", which is another book written by Candace Bushnell. It's basically Carrie in High School.
7. The information about the TV Show prequel comes from this LA Times article which says ---
"Any new "SATC"-related property would come up against skepticism from some of those involved with the original."It's because the original players aren't involved anymore. It's a totally different production. So they wouldn't know anything.
How this TV show is going to develop or sell, or even make it to a pilot episode for test viewing is now the next question. It may not even happen in the next three years.