Mark these shows on your calendars.
Local cable airing. Catch these if you can:
On Star World
- American Idol Season 6 - starting Jan. 17 via satellite
- Kidnapped - starting Jan. 2
- Alias Season 5
On Jack TV
- King of The Hill - starting Jan. 2
- Friday Night Lights - (when?)
On ETC 2nd Ave
- Studio 60 on The Sunset Strip - starting Jan. 3 (?)
- Justice (unconfirmed)
Solar-Entertainment, which owns the last four channels, must be making tons of money (lemme guess, Pacquiao payperview?) to be able to acquire all these shows in advance ... a lot earlier than the other option, Studio 23 (ABSCBN). One station in Canada has opted to cancel Friday Night Lights because it wasn't doing well with ratings (no ka-ching!) and we're probably the only country in Asia who will be able to catch this show early and of course, fresh from its debut Stateside.
Season premieres elsewhere. D/L these like there's no tomorrow:
- Dirt - starting Jan. 2 - Read plot here. I read it's a pretty bad show but whatever... I'm a Friends fan through and through and I will blindly follow whatever all six are doing, post-Friends.
- Grease: You're the One That I Want - starting Jan. 7 - All indications tell me this talent show will probably suck but for similar reasons as I've stated above, I'd sit through this one as well and blindly or deafly follow the show. Grease is definitely the word.
- 24 Season 6 - starting Jan. 14 - scoot over Prison Break, the king- of - unbelievable - storylines - that - leave - you - feeling - like - the - writers - are - making - a - fool - out - of - you - but - you - can't - help - watching - the - show - because - it's - insanely - intense - and - you're - tracking - Jack Bauer's - kill count....(phew!) IS BACK. I'm prepared to pick my jaw from the floor again. Hope it doesn't disappoint. Fox has been building up excitement incredibly well. Were you able to already watch the teasers online?
- Rome Season 2 - Jan. 14 - too much TV turns people into idiots (or so my dearly departed grandma told me, the grandma who died in '89, not the one over Christmas). So I'm doing myself a favor --- at least become an idiot who learns something about history. Rome doesn't have all the facts correct, but it's close to it.
The usuals, please...
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
MY NAME IS EARL
BROTHERS & SISTERS
1/08/07 or is that the 22nd?
And before I forget...
- The Amazing Race ALL STARS - starts in February, supposedly - RomBer's back on TV (Although, I don't think they were really gone). They will be in this installment for sure...because TV People love them, I suppose. Or love to hate them.
- Lost's return in March - but I read they might be bringing it back earlier
- The Shield's final (?) season sometime March too
- The Sopranos' last season sometime 2nd-3rd quarter of 2007.
I'm already losing my mind...or what is left of it.
H A P P Y N E W Y E A R!