Some parts edited because I apparently forgot my proper use of tenses and verbs in 2005....or even today. :P
Between 10:00 PM to 11:00 PM
A couple settles down in front of the TV/DVD to watch a show that starts with "The following takes place..." They are on the 2nd disc, about the 9th/10th episode.
Between 11:00 PM to 12:00 AM
The couple continues to watch the DVD of the show that begins with "The following takes place..." Since events on DVD do not occur in real time, hence no commercial interruption, the couple may be able to finish the 2nd disc tonight.
Between 12:00 AM to 1:00 AM
- The couple finished watching the 2nd disc of the show that begins with "The following takes place..." Incidentally, the last episode they finished also ended at 1:00 AM.
- The couple thinks it's cool. They felt that, like dorks, they did watch the show "in real time".
Between 1:00 AM to 2:00 AM
- The couple decides to have a snack. They decide to go downstairs and eat the left-over chicken they had for dinner.
- The husband proceeds to use the downstairs bathroom after that. Plumbing in the downstairs bathroom is bad. The husband opens the faucet to fill up the bucket with water so he can flush the toilet after peeing. (Because the missus will be on his back if he didn't. Leaving pee unflushed on the bowl would smell bad!)
- But the husband forgets that the main pipes of the village's water source shuts down at 11:00 PM. The husband is annoyed he can't flush the toilet and tells the missus about it. In his annoyance, he forgets to close the faucet. He also doesn't notice the bucket sitting directly on the drain, covering it.
Between 2:00 AM to 3:00 AM
The couple sleeps.
Between 3:00 AM to 4:00 AM
They are still asleep.
Between 4:00 AM to 5:00 AM
- The village's main pipes open.
- The husband is still asleep but the missus gets up at nearly 5 AM. She has to prepare breakfast for the little boy, as well as packed lunch and snacks.
- As the missus walks down the stairs going to the kitchen, she distinctly hears water running.
- She discovers half the first floor of the house is covered in water. She wades through it and goes to the downstairs bathroom, closes the faucet and sighs.
Between 5:00 AM to 6:00 AM
- She proceeds to cook in the kitchen, despite being ankle deep in water. She will deal with the "flood" later. But right now, time is running out. The school service will pick up the little boy at 6:00 AM. She has to prepare breakfast, pack snacks & lunch and supervise the little boy's bath time.
- The driver is finally awake. The missus asks if there is water in his room. He says there is some. The missus asks if he can please clean the mess up. He obliges.
- He asks the missus what just happened and the missus tells him the faucet was left opened, the bucket blocked the drain so the water didn't spill out the drain but onto the floor.
- The driver apologizes. He says he may have forgotten to close the faucet the night before.
- The missus says not to worry, it can happen to anyone.
- The missus didn't say it was the husband's fault.
- The missus continues to do her chores until the little boy's school service arrives.
At 6:00 AM
- The missus goes to the bedroom, opens the computer and proceeds to write an entry to her blog.
- The missus has an interesting story to tell the husband when he wakes up!
Okay, pretend that that's 6:00AM...