Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

23 December 2010

Damien Lewis as the new Jack Bauer? I have no problem with that!

British actor Damien Lewis, who last starred in the cop series Life and played a huge part in the Emmy-Award winning mini-series Band of Brothers, is set to star in an upcoming Showtime series classified as a "domestic terrorism drama."

Homeland, which also features Laura Fraser, David Harewood, Mandy Patinkin and Claire Danes in the cast, is a story about a Marine soldier (Damien Lewis) who comes home after being a war prisoner in Iraq and is doubted by his superiors for colluding with terrorists.

The series, people say, is seen as a replacement for 24, which bowed out on television early this year. Homeland is actually written by former 24 scribes Alex Gansa and Howard Gordon.

I have no doubts Lewis is going to be amazing in this one. He was pretty convincing and capable in both his former television shows. Homeland's cast looks like a winner to me, too. Plus, with an intriguing premise which will be aired on  no-holds-barred cable TV? I am actually reeling with anticipation. I hope it comes on sooner!

What can you say about this upcoming show?

No comments:

Post a Comment