Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

19 July 2010

Steal this, scum!

I interrupt the program for another non-TV related post...

It may seem as though I've been obsessing about it. But I've been finding a way to stop this thief from stealing my blog content for a month or so now. I've had a few favorable results, thank you very much! There are some good, helpful people on the internet.

But I am now praying for a complete action. And I know that to get that from the-powers-that-be may take awhile. So I'm doing all I can, on my end, to stop  a site from harvesting my content.

Yesterday, I tinkered with my feed reader. I tried doing that the first time I found out, but a feature that I wanted seemed to be missing then. It's there now and yep, I did get the result I want.

Now, anyone who tries to steal my content off my feeds will only get 150 characters out of it. Plus, there's a redirection to my site with a disclaimer (which I had already placed before). *150-characters* is the operative phrase. In a Google-bot's world...that means shit. Although I understand those following my blog via a reader will probably find this an inconvenience, because of the redirection, but it's something I must do.

So, take that thief! And thank you for the free blog promotion! =)


This is a screen cap of the site that has been stealing my content.

Now, back to regular programming...

No comments:

Post a Comment