Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

13 January 2009

Canada's Being Erica

Found another gem of a series straight from Canada in Being Erica, a comedy that stars Erin Karpluk. I don't know her but I'm loving her and I am loving the premise of this show! It's a bit like the TV version of Back To The Future.

Erica Strange is a 32 year old woman who feels her life is a big disappointment. In the pilot, she mysteriously meets a therapist who inexplicably lets her travel back in time, re-living those moments when she thought she made bad decisions, shaping who she is right now. Her very first time travel sends her back to a school dance, 16 years ago.

But these time travels doesn't necessarily have to be a do-over for Erica. Sometimes, it may only be so that she realizes something about her past to make her present work.

"I love the idea of going back into a 16-year-old body with the knowledge of an adult -- it's so exciting," Karpluk said. "But just when you think she has it all figured out, she's going down the rabbit hole again."

"Being Erica is something I think everybody can identify with, which is, what would you do if you could do certain things in life over again? I think a lot of people would like to go back in time right now and buy some different stocks." Kirstine Layfield, the CBC's executive director of network programming.

Source

Here's a trailer ---

No comments:

Post a Comment