17 May 2011

First Look: Teaser from "ALCATRAZ" a new show for 2011-2012 Season

If you've been following Too Much TV on Facebook, I mentioned that this series, Alcatraz, did not fly with the focus group/test audience. It was almost in danger of not getting picked up for airing. Watching the trailer below, I think I know why. The story's easily confusing. And it feels like it's masking itself as a thriller or a suspense, when it's really not.

I'm not saying I don't like it, because I've been dying to see how this J.J. Abrams series could translate itself on the small screen. I think I have a problem with the female lead (Sarah Jones). I think I don't get her yet, not totally convinced with her. Yet.

Sam Neil, however....man, his voice is creepy!!! Hearing him talk this way, at 6:00 in the morning, is a bad way to wake up. I got tingles all over. The weather is warm but I'm having goosebumps.

Anyway, Alcatraz will premiere on Fox mid-season. Watch the trailer and tell me if Jack Sylvane is the pogi-est 85 year old man you've seen....(next to Aragorn, LOTR maybe?)