07 February 2014

[Big Bang Theory] This Kiss! This Kiss!

♫ It's the way you love me
It's a feeling like this
It's centrifugal motion
It's perpetual bliss
It's that pivotal moment
It's, ah, impossible
This kiss, this kiss
Unstoppable
This kiss, this kiss ♬


This 25-second kiss happened in this week's episode. It was not as exciting as when Ross and Rachel first kissed on Friends. But it showed a new side to Sheldon when everybody knows how insensitive he is.


So, what next? Judging by what happened after this scene, I don't think the kiss will lead to anywhere yet. Check back in Season 13.

UPDATE: Read Mayim Bialik's behind-the-scenes account of *The Kiss* on her website. She sums it up in 5 bits. Here's part of it:
I caught a glance of the kissing scene after it was done when it was showed to our studio audience a few weeks ago. As with the tiara moment, I was startled that my internal acting process (for lack of a better word) has a physical representation that is so striking. Consciously, I have little notion of how I will physically represent things as an actor. When there is no physical action scripted or indicated, I simply act emotions and those emotions sometimes have a physical representation and just are. I don’t know if that makes sense, but Actor Mayim representing Fictional Character Amy in such a physical way with this kiss is as touching to me as it is to you.