Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

07 February 2014

[Big Bang Theory] This Kiss! This Kiss!

♫ It's the way you love me
It's a feeling like this
It's centrifugal motion
It's perpetual bliss
It's that pivotal moment
It's, ah, impossible
This kiss, this kiss
Unstoppable
This kiss, this kiss ♬


This 25-second kiss happened in this week's episode. It was not as exciting as when Ross and Rachel first kissed on Friends. But it showed a new side to Sheldon when everybody knows how insensitive he is.


So, what next? Judging by what happened after this scene, I don't think the kiss will lead to anywhere yet. Check back in Season 13.

UPDATE: Read Mayim Bialik's behind-the-scenes account of *The Kiss* on her website. She sums it up in 5 bits. Here's part of it:
I caught a glance of the kissing scene after it was done when it was showed to our studio audience a few weeks ago. As with the tiara moment, I was startled that my internal acting process (for lack of a better word) has a physical representation that is so striking. Consciously, I have little notion of how I will physically represent things as an actor. When there is no physical action scripted or indicated, I simply act emotions and those emotions sometimes have a physical representation and just are. I don’t know if that makes sense, but Actor Mayim representing Fictional Character Amy in such a physical way with this kiss is as touching to me as it is to you.

1 comment:

  1. Check back in season 13? I think you've nailed it. Still, I enjoy watching this slow relationship unfold. The whole show is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete