Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

19 April 2011

HIMYM Hopeless Quotes

If you've watched How I Met Your Mother this week, I'm sure you'd want to go over that exchange over bars or hangouts they can go to. I thought that was brilliant writing, something that hasn't been happening for the show for a while now. It drove me crazy. Good crazy. I watched the scene three times.


Want to learn how to help people communicate with each other?
Check out a christian counseling degree online.

And here's a transcript of that, which I got from this site.

“Oh, we’re not drinking here, tonight we’re going big. Let’s see, what club should we hit first? There’s Club Was … There’s Wrong.” – Barney
“Umm, those places shut down a long time ago.” – Marshall
“Oh no!” – Barney
“Oh No shut down, too.” – Marshall
“There’s Where.” – Ted
“Where’s Where?” – Jerry
“Where’s where Was was isn’t it?” – Lily
“No, Was wasn’t where Where was, Was was where Wrong was. Right?” – Barney
“OK?” – Jerry
“Not OK, that place is lame.” – Ted
“OK is Lame? I thought Lame was a gay bar, or is that wrong?” – Robin
“That’s wrong. That’s not Wrong.” – Marshall
“Guys, focus.” – Barney
“Oh, I like Focus, let’s go there.” – Robin
“Where?” – Ted
“Not Where, Focus.” – Robin
“I thought Focus was closed?” – Lily
“No Was was closed. Once Was shut down and reopened as Closed.” – Barney
“So Closed is open.” – Marshall
“No Closed is closed.” – Robin
“I don’t know … third base!” – Jerry
“Ehhhh … Third Base is all frat guys.” – Robin
“I’ll go any place, OK?” – Lily
“NOT OK, OK is lame.” – Ted
“OK is not Lame, Lame is a gay bar.” – Robin
“Guys, shut up.” – Lily
“No, Shut Up shut down. I can’t believe I don’t know the clubs anymore.” – Barney
“Guys, just pick a club, OK?” – Marshall
“NOT OK.” – Ted
“OK is LAME … Gay bar!” – Everyone
“For the record, I was in there once by accident, I’m pretty sure it’s pronounced Lamé.” – Marshall
“It’s Hopeless, isn’t it?” – Barney

2 comments:

  1. I loved that scene! brilliant writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that much brilliant !
    It's a renewal of a sketch call "Who's on first" from Abbott and Costello.
    By the way Jerry makes a reference to that sketch, when he says "Third base"
    Abbott and Costello sketch : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sShMA85pv8M

    ReplyDelete