In the pilot episode, the Alphas discover that there are others who have special abilities like them, who use their powers for the wrong reasons.
|The Cast of Alphas|
Worthy to note:
- The pilot episode is written by Xmen: Last Stand writer Zak Penn.
- The pilot episode is directed by Jack Bender, whose been directing some of Lost's most notable episodes.
- The black character, a former cop who has super strength, is the most annoying character on the show.
- The autistic character and black dude do not get along. That is emphasized more than once.
- The autistic character's power is the awesomest!
- He's easily the most likeable, too.
- He fixed the TV.
- But he can never be allowed to drive. :P
- Professor X-like character, Dr. Rosen, is played by David Strathairn.
- Clearly, he is the only actor/character I recognize, by name and by face.
- I dunno what Dr. Rosen's super power is. Certainly not telepathy, like Prof. X
- Why must the superhero with the super ability to persuade and influence thoughts always be attractive?
- If you're quick enough, you'd see that chick with power to convince showed cleavage.
- That was necessary, I guess.
- And she is like the Jean Grey to Dr. Rosen, me thinks.
- Eventually, the Rachel character is going to rub me the wrong way.
- I don't like the fact the she can "shut down" all her other powers when one of her senses is heightened.
- It can render her useless.
- That will get very old in the next few episodes, lemme tell you.
- And I dare not say that out loud, Rachel might hear me. :P
- New Alpha-dude, who is just beginning to understand his powers, is definitely HOT.
- Like Azkals HOT.
- Being HOT can also be his super power. :D
- Is he going to be part of the team?
- No one from the Alphas has the super-ability to heal fast, right?
The pilot episode laid the groundwork for who the characters are. The story, however, is weak but there sure is plenty of room for improvements later.
So how much did you enjoy Alphas?