Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

14 March 2014

Stirred by PORTLANDIA's Theme Song

I get a kick out of listening to this theme song each time I watch an episode of Portlandia.

I don't know why I love it so much. But it stirs up something in me. Whenever I hear it, I don't know if I wanna cry, or slow dance, or fall asleep. I can't describe if the song makes me happy or sad, but it makes me feel something.

Listen:


I had a similar thing with House's theme song (Teardrop from Massive Attack).

There are opening themes to TV shows where I hit the fast forward button because they're not interesting enough and I just feel that it delays my viewing process. Most recently, I've skipped True Detective's coz I didn't like the song, no matter how interesting the visuals are.

But for Portlandia (and House), I always let it play out. Sometimes I even go back to listen to it a second time before I watch the episode.

Is there a TV theme song that does the same for you?

Portlandia is a comedy sketch show on IFC, currently on its 4th season.
 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe too late for you to see, but Portlandia's intro does something to me that nothing else can! I always get chills and feel like I should just drift off somewhere. I could watch that intro forever I think...

    ReplyDelete