Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

23 June 2012

TV Style: Leslie Knope's Anchor Printed Blouse on PARKS & RECREATION

So, I've gotten around to watching Parks & Recreation. Finally! I've been putting off following the series when the first season left me slightly unimpressed.

But after a bit of character tweaking, the show, which was created and written by the same people that did The Office (once a favorite of mine), Parks & Recreation was able to hold its own.

The lead character Leslie Knope, for example, was sort of like a blockhead in the first season. But in succeeding seasons, she developed into this public servant who could deliver results, no matter how insane her methods were.

And from a blockhead, Leslie also turned into a bit of an egghead. Which made me like her character better.

I've also noticed that as the season progressed, the way she dressed also improved. Like this anchor-printed blouse, which she wore just at the end of the 3rd season:


I don't wear clothes like this for work. But I would snag one like this, if I did!

Leslie Knope is played by Amy Poehler, who I loved on Saturday Night Live, along with Tina Fey. (Weekend Update, anyone?)

I could easily describe and commend Amy with words like funny and talented. But I could never consider her as sexy. Or at least I didn't think I could.

Not until Parks and Recreation. Especially when she came out looking like this in one episode:


The (coiffed) hair and the dress? Gorgeous! I saw a side of Amy I didn't really notice before and my admiration for her grew 10x more. Funny is indeed sexy! Amy's husband, Will Arnett, is a lucky dog.

Have you been watching Parks & Recreation? Give it a try if you haven't. Sit through the 6 episodes of a slow first season, because the episodes after that? Pretty hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment