10 February 2014

The Unaired Pilot Episode of a Live-Action ARCHIE. (Yes, from the comics!)

Was there an Archie movie some years back featuring actual people? I seem to recall watching one on Betamax, but I'm not quite sure. But I do remember watching the animation as a kid. That cartoons wasn't as great as reading the stories from the comics, and it was so weird hearing their voices because it wasn't what I had imagined in my head. I liked it when they animated Sabrina The Teenage Witch better.


Anyway, I found this while browsing earlier…

In 1964, Archie was apparently pitched as a TV series and a pilot had been shot for it. Only, it never made it to television. It did appear on Youtube a few years back. (Yay, technology!)

Here it is…



So, what do you think?  If they did an Archie TV series this time around, do you think the show would take off?

You can watch the rest of this episode (parts 2 & 3) and read details about the pilot on Undercover Archie.