Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

30 June 2011

MindyTV on WorkingMom Magazine July 2011 Issue

Yes, we got printed!!!! I mean, I wrote a piece for Working Mom Magazine (July 2011, ABS-CBN Publishing) and it has been published. The mag is now at the newsstands. (Php 120, Richard & Lucy cover)


And yes, that's my by-line. That's my given name (Alright, pet name. But that's what everybody calls me.) It's the first and so far, *only*, print publication that I've had the name I go with printed.

I do regularly contribute to another local print TV Magazine. But over there, I go by a different by-line. Just because...

I seldom mention this fact about contributing to TV Guide Philippines (Php 85 at National Bookstore) because I'm not a writer, *writer*.  Because I believe you'd have to be really good (no lapses in tenses, grammar, flow and thought) to call yourself *that*.  If you regularly follow this blog, then you know how flaky I write about stuff sometimes. :P And I bet you didn't know there's such a magazine, hehe.(Our readers are expats, mostly!)

So yes, I earn money from sidelines that have to do with writing.

But my full-time career is as a homemaker. Who is, admittedly, forever glued to the TV. And who endlessly talks about television. (Thus, I gave birth to this blog six years ago. TA-DAH!!)

So...actually being printed in  a major magazine and seeing my by-line there is a HUGE deal!

Thank you so much to Dedet Reyes-Panabi, the talented genius behind Working Mom Magazine (she's the Editor-In-Chief) and her husband, Mel Panabi, for this chance. I was a nervous wreck when Dedet told me about writing a piece for the mag. But she was encouraging, so nice to talk to and was clear about what was needed.

So, here it is...a teeny-weeny milestone for this clicker-hogging, TV-addicted Mom-blogger.

Very, very grateful! =)

Go buy, ha?? :P

5 comments: