09 July 2008

Big Brother Season 10's diverse cast

Surveillance camera
Image details: Surveillance camera served by picapp.com
In the middle of (USA) Big Brother's first ever Winter Edition last January, I did say I wasn't gonna watch the show anymore and I'm done with it.

Can I take back what I said?

Because the newest cast for Season 10, premiering on Sunday, seems so diverse and interesting, I may actually stay glued to the whole thing until September.

What do you think of this group? TV Guide sums them all up:
They range in age from a 22-year-old pro bodybuilder to a 75-year-old great-grandfather who has not missed a single episode of Big Brother, ever, and even checks out the After Dark feed on Showtime. (Gramps!!!)

Three of the 13 are married, and there's one divorcée. Among their names are a Libra (girl) and a Memphis (guy). The traditionally monochrome house this time will include two African-Americans and one Korean-American.

Occupations include a champion bull rider from the gay rodeo circuit, a mixologist-do-not-call-me-a-bartender, a Hooters waitress/PETA member (how does that work?), and a Catholic school teacher who says that had Hillary Clinton won the presidency, he would have moved out of the country.

There's also a "proud New Orleans socialite," a preacher's son who doesn't drink, smoke or cuss, a self-described "East Coast firecracker," someone who suffers from OCD, and one "staunch Barack Obama supporter."

I see one crazy summer in this house. And already? I'm lovin' the 75 year old Grandpa.