27 January 2007

Grey's Anatomy - Great Expectations

What happened to the NBC shows this week, why was there nothing on? Hmmm...

After last week's tearjerker, this week's Grey's Anatomy was particularly weak and soap opera-ish. I was laughing at some scenes (George is a sex addict!) and gasped at the marriage proposal by Burke to Christina. But you know I have to honestly say, I think the quality of the show is lowering. It's not what it used to be. Although I'm still entertained, as I have known these characters by heart and I still want to know what happens to them, the way the episodes were carried out felt.... formulaic and tired. And it's funny because just a few episodes back, I lauded them for having one of their best episodes yet. It's weird how things can quickly go from good to bad. The internal problems this show is having must be the reason.

Anyway, breaking down this week's episode:

The pit has lots of patients with different unique problems.
This week they dealt with a young girl who had a tumor in the insides of her "good girl" (the term was used in Grey's Season 2, LOL!) They later discovered she's Amish and had unique family problem. The premise as a whole wasn't particularly interesting. :P

The doctors had to deal with two other patients, but their cases aren't particularly interesting, too. I have already forgotten what those other cases are because it had insignificant airtime.

So then....

Dr. Bailey has the idea of opening a free clinic.
Nazi orders her bosses to sign their support for her free clinic."The Nazi is back," says McDreamy. Oh yes she is, she'd better be back or else this show's quality would have lowered some more. Borrowing the Nazi's line: I need something to hold on to. I need to believe in something the way I used to believe in you all. I think this is the way I feel about the show now.



A doctor at Seattle Grace gets proposed to.
Make that two --
  • Burke to Christina. Was surprised! This was the high point of the episode for me. All 2 minutes of it.
  • George to Callie. Meh.

So there...

I'm now convinced this show has jumped.

Too bad.



Grey's Anatomy
Season 3 Episode 13 - Great Expectations
Original Airing: Jan 25, 2007
Network: ABC