Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

11 July 2006

Emmy Race: Supporting Actress Comedy

The nominees are:

Curb Your Enthusiasm • HBO • HBO Entertainment
Cheryl Hines as Cheryl David

Desperate Housewives • ABC • Touchstone Television
Alfre Woodard as Betty Applewhite

My Name Is Earl • NBC • An Amigos de Garcia production
in association with 20th Century Fox Television
Jaime Pressly as Joy

Weeds • Showtime • Showtime Presents in association
with Lions Gate Television and Tilted Productions
Elizabeth Perkins as Celia Hodes

Will & Grace • NBC • KoMut Entertainment in association
with NBC Studios and Three Sisters Entertainment
Megan Mullally as Karen

---------

Out: Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm). Her character is not competitive enough, I wonder how she got the nomination nod. Ditto Elizabeth Perkins (Weeds).

I have stopped watching Desperate Housewives so I cannot comment on Alfre Woodard's performance.

So this race is a fight between a fresh face in the category, Jaime Pressly, who, as Joy in My Name is Earl, is utterly hilarious; versus a veteran and former winner, Megan Mullally. And because this is Will & Grace's final year at the Emmy's, I will not be surprised if Megan wins it...none so fitting as a trophy to cap 8 Seasons of playing Karen so effectively.

Complete List of Emmy Nominees
Eligibility Period: Episodes airing June 1, 2005 to May 31, 2006
Emmy Awards airs on September 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment