Hey, TV viewer! When I'm not discussing TV on this site, you can find me doing daily TV updates on Facebook and Tumblr. You can also follow me on Twitter. I'm on these social sites talking TV all day, all the time!

14 January 2006

Jologs America

The first time I watched My Name Is Earl, I didn't like it. If this TV show was a person, I would imagine it would smell. Really bad. As in B.0. bad.

My Name Is Earl's set or premise is in a part of America we don't often see on TV. No, actually, it's set in a part of America that we do see on TV, let me correct that, --- TV shows like C.O.P.S.

Earl is show with no pretty houses and fancy clothes (but yes, there are pretty ladies... there is always a pretty lady!). And the characters really... smell.

So, forgive me for not liking this one right away.

But... I gave it time and went through it again. And after 5 or 6 episodes, I've warmed up. I still think it smells but it's funny, alright. Not bwahaha-ROFL-funny yet but I get the jokes and they make me laugh...many times.

The show already won one award in this, the season of awards (Jan-March 2006). People's Choice Awards just named it Best New Comedy for 2005.

Hmmm...must be karma.


Earl’s life has been full of poor choices and mistakes, but after winning a small lottery jackpot he has an epiphany and vows to change his ways. Upon discovering that he is the holder of a winning ticket, Earl is hit by a car and the ticket blows out of his limp hand as he lies unconscious in the street. While recovering in the hospital and watching television, Earl has a karmic epiphany, thanks to Carson Daly, who attributes his success to doing good for others. A light bulb goes off in Earl’s dim head and he sets out to right every wrong he has done starting with a grade school geek.


Here's a clip from my favorite Earl episode:




My Name Is Earl
Season 1 Episode 5 - Stole Beer From A Golfer
Original Air Date: Nov. 8, 2005
Network: NBC

No comments:

Post a Comment